TradeSelect Insulation/Ducting TapeNon Reinforced Foil Tape
Trade Select™ Ametalin™ Insulation/Ducting Tape is a high performance 3-mil (76 μm) UV-resistant biaxially oriented polypropylene (BOPP) tape coated with a cold weather acrylic adhesive. Designed with vapour-sealing properties to complement our full range of reflective membranes, it can be used with all roof sarking, wall wraps and floor insulation. It is also ideal for use in HVAC, ducting, and as an all-purpose tape for boating and camping.
Trade Select™ Ametalin™ Insulation/Ducting Tape is easy to apply and provides superior performance and durability over a wide range of temperatures and environmental conditions. It will not delaminate with age.
- UV and fire resistant
- Superior strength and flexibility
- Hand tearable
- Will not break down or delaminate over time
- Vapour sealing, ideal for joining insulation products
- High performance over a wide temperature range: -54°C to +100°C
- Higher adhesion and tack than traditional cloth duct tapes
- Excels in high heat
- Moisture resistance in humid conditions
- UL 181B – FX listed
Residential & Commercial Foil Tape.
Blank one so all stay closed
|Product Name||Trade Select™ Insulation/Ducting Tape|
|Roll Size||48 mm x 50 m|
|Product Thickness (Total)||PSTC-133||76.2 μm|
|Surface Burning Characteristics||UL 723, ASTM E84||Flame ≤5|
|Surface Burning Characteristics||UL 723, ASTM E84||Smoke ≤5|
|Peel Adhesion||PSTC-101||3.72 N/10 mm|
|Sheer Strength||PSTC-107||>24 hours|
|Tensile Strength||PSTC-131||49 N/10 mm width|
|Minimum Application Temperature||-54°C|
|Maximum Continuous Temperature||+100°C|
- Install Trade Select™ products as per installation instructions on relevant product Technical Data Sheets. Pay particular attention to regulatory product overlaps.
- Ensure surfaces to be adhered to are clean, dry and free of contaminants.
- Ensure tape is centred on join.
- Apply tape, ensuring that the maximum surface contact is achieved by allowing tape to conform to contours in product. Apply pressure with squeegee as you apply tape.
- For thicker foam core products such as Trade Select™ Ametalin ThermalBreak 8™, 75mm Ametalin Reinforced Insulation/Ducting Tape is recommended and should be applied as deeply as possible into the perpendicular angle. (Refer to Figure 1.)
- Whenever possible, apply tapes to joins that have a firm backing (e.g. studs or rafters) to achieve maximum application pressure. If this is not possible, then provide support from behind with short pieces of steel studs or timber.
- Taping of joins is a method of sealing joins only, and is not a suitable substitute for mechanical fixing in situations where there may be stress or pressure on the join (e.g. wind loading, etc.). In such cases, a more secure method of securing the join must be considered.
- Store tape in a clean, dry place out of direct sunlight.