TradeSelect Reinforced Insulation/Ducting TapeReinforced Foil Tape
Trade Select™ Reinforced Insulation/Ducting Tape is a high performance 7-mil (178μm) UV-resistant PE scrim reinforced tape coated with a cold weather acrylic adhesive. Designed with vapour-sealing properties to complement our full range of reflective membranes, it can be used with all roof sarking, wall wraps and floor insulation. It is also ideal for use in HVAC. Trade Select™ Reinforced Insulation/Ducting Tape provides superior performance and durability with an easy application over a wide range of temperatures and environmental conditions. It will not delaminate with age.
- UV and fire resistant
- Reinforced for superior strength and flexibility
- Hand tearable
- Vapour sealing
- 75 mm width is ideal for joining insulation products
- High performance over a wide temperature range: -30°C to +120°C
- Higher adhesion and tack than traditional cloth duct tapes
- Excels in high heat
- Moisture resistance in humid conditions
Residential & Commercial Foil Tape.
Blank one so all stay closed
|Product Name||Trade Select™ Reinforced Insulation/Ducting Tape|
|Roll Size||75 mm x 50 m|
|Product Thickness (Total)||PSTC-133||178 μm|
|Thickness (Carrier)||PSTC-133||127 μm|
|Thickness (Adhesive)||PSTC-133||51 μm|
|Peel Adhesion||PSTC-101||20 N/25 mm|
|Tensile Strength||PSTC-131||100 N/25 mm width|
|Minimum Application Temperature||-30°C|
|Maximum Continuous Temperature||+120°C|
- Install Trade Select™ products as per installation instructions on relevant product Technical Data Sheets. Pay particular attention to regulatory product overlaps.
- Ensure surfaces to be adhered to are clean, dry and free of contaminants.
- Ensure tape is centred on join.
- Apply tape, ensuring that the maximum surface contact is achieved by allowing tape to conform to contours in product. Apply pressure with squeegee as you apply tape.
- For thicker foam core products such as Trade Select™ Ametalin ThermalBreak 8™, 75mm Ametalin Reinforced Insulation/Ducting Tape is recommended and should be applied as deeply as possible into the perpendicular angle. (Refer to Figure 1.)
- Whenever possible, apply tapes to joins that have a rm backing (e.g. studs or rafters) to achieve maximum application pressure. If this is not possible, then provide support from behind with short pieces of steel studs or timber.
- Taping of joins is a method of sealing joins only, and is not a suitable substitute for mechanical xing in situations where there may be stress or pressure on the join (e.g. wind loading, etc.). In such cases, a more secure method of securing the join must be considered.
- Store tape in a clean, dry place out of direct sunlight.