TradeSelect SilverFloorUnderfloor Foil Insulation
Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ is an Extra Heavy Duty, Very High Permeance floor insulation, designed for use under floors with a sealed air space between flooring and enclosed sub-floor space. Double-sided reflective surfaces provide increased R-value to your floor system. 5 mm weep holes at 400 mm intervals in the membrane structure allow water and water vapour to permeate through, preventing moisture build-up under flooring.
- 97% Reflective
- High strength, light weight
- Low flammability
- Reduces draughts through strip flooring
Suspended Framed Floor Insulation.
Blank one so all stay closed
|Product Name||Trade Select™ SilverFloor™|
|Roll Size||500 mm x 60 m (30m2)
1200 mm x 60 m (81m2)
1500 mm x 60 m (90m2)
|Duty Rating||Extra Heavy|
Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ complies with AS/NZS 4859.1:2002/Amdt 1:2006 and AS/NZS 4200.1:1994, and therefore meets all the requirements of the National Construction Code and Building Code of Australia for insulation and pliable building membranes.
|Flammability Index||AS 1530.2-1993||Low ≤ 5|
|Duty Rating||AS/NZS 4200.1:1994||Extra Heavy|
|Emmitance||AS/NZS 4201.5:1994||Side A: 0.03 Side B: 0.03|
|Reflectivity||Side A: 97% Side B: 97%|
|Resistance to Water Penetration||AS/NZS 4201.4:1994||Unclassified|
|Vapour Barrier||ASTM E96||Low|
|Resistance to Dry Delamination||AS/NZS 4201.1:1994||Pass|
|Resistance to Wet Delamination||AS/NZS 4201.2:1994||Pass|
Health and Safety
Ametalin has assessed Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ according to the criteria outlined in the National Occupational Health and Safety Commission (NOHSC):1008 (1998) and NOHSC: 1005 (1999). As a result of the assessment, this product is classified as non-hazardous according to the NOHSC criteria. To reduce risk of UV damage when installing this product, wear protective clothing, safety glasses and sunscreen, and work in the shade wherever practical.
Product Name: Trade Select™ SilverFloor™
The insulation to be installed shall be Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ double-sided reflective laminate, emittance to bright sides 0.03.
Water Vapour Transmission (WVT) and Vapour Resistance:
Trade Select™ SilverFloor 500™/Trade Select™ SilverFloor 1500™ 1973 g/m2•24hr and 0.06 MN•s/g
Trade Select™ SilverFloor 1200™ 2466 g/m2•24hr and 0.05 MN•s/g
Vapour Barrier Classification: Low
Water Barrier Classification: Unclassified
Duty: Extra Heavy in accordance with AS/NZS 4200.1:1994
Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ should be installed in accordance with AS/NZS 4200.2: 1994 Pliable Building Membranes and Underlays, Part 2: Installation Requirements.
INSTALLATION BETWEEN JOISTS:
- Install Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ between joists. Trade Select™ SilverFloor 500™ is conveniently installed by rolling along the tops of the joists, keeping the material under tension with one hand and fastening with a hammer tacker. To ensure maximum durability, only galvanised staples should be used. Trade Select™ SilverFloor 500™ should be installed at least 90 mm from the underside of flooring, i.e. at the bottom of a standard joist. Joins should overlap by 50 mm and be taped with Ametalin Insulation/Ducting Tape.
INSTALLATION OVER BEARERS:
Trade Select™ SilverFloor 1200™ and Trade Select™ SilverFloor 1500™
- Roll Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ out over the bearers, with minimal sag between the bearers.
- Staple down with a hammer tacker to hold product in place until joists are installed.
- Overlap by 50 mm, and tape joins between rolls of Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ using Ametalin Insulation/Ducting Tape.
Note: AS/NZS 4200.2:1994 provides for an overlap of 150 mm as an alternative to taping.
- In external masonry clad houses, the foil should be turned up and stapled to the underside of ooring, preventing air movement between the sub- oor space and ventilated cavity.
INSTALLATION OVER JOISTS:
Trade Select™ SilverFloor 1200™ and Trade Select™ SilverFloor 1500™ can also be installed over joists with a minimum sag of 90 mm. Joins should overlap by 50 mm and be taped with Ametalin Insulation/Ducting Tape. Note: AS/NZS 4200.2:1994 provides for an overlap of 150 mm as an alternative to taping.
Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ should be installed under existing oors in accordance with relevant Aluminium Foil Insulation Association Inc. (AFIA) Safe Work Methods. New Zealand Standard NZS 4246:2006 is helpful. (There is no Australian Installation Standard for this application).
Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ is not designed to withstand prolonged direct exposure to the elements. Accordingly, the outer construction envelope of this product should be installed without delay. Aluminium foil should not come into contact with wet concrete or mortar, as the aluminium is susceptible to alkali corrosion. If installed within 500 metres of the sea, or in non-residential buildings where foil surfaces may be exposed to a corrosive atmosphere (including agricultural sheds), foil surfaces should face an enclosed, un-vented air space.