TradeSelect SilverFloorUnderfloor Foil Insulation
Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ is a Heavy Duty, vapour permeable floor insulation, designed for use under floors with a sealed air space between flooring and enclosed sub-floor space. Double-sided reflective surfaces provide increased R-value to your floor system. 5 mm weep holes at 400 mm intervals in the membrane structure allow water and water vapour to permeate through, preventing moisture build-up under flooring.
- Heavy Duty
- Double-sided foil radiant barrier
- High strength, light weight
- Low flammability
- Weep holes allow water to drain
Suspended Framed Floor Insulation.
Blank one so all stay closed
|Trade Select™ SilverFloor™
|500 mm x 60 m (30m2)
1500 mm x 60 m (90m2)
|Declared Total System R-Values
|Suspended Framed Floors
Enclosed sub-floor unventilated with Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ installed between joists or over bearers
|Suspended Framed Floors
Unenclosed sub-floor ventilated with Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ installed between joists or over bearers
Material Properties and Classifications
Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ classifications in accordance with AS/NZS 4200.1:2017 and AS/NZS 4859.1:2018.
|Low ≤ 5
|Class 3 Vapour Permeable
|Resistance to Dry Delamination
|Resistance to Wet Delamination
|Shrinkage (Repeated wetting & drying)
|Printed Side: 0.03, Foil Side: 0.03
Product Name: Trade Select™ SilverFloor™
The insulation to be installed shall be Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ Vapour Permeable reflective underfloor insulation, and shall be installed in accordance with the instructions issued by them and in accordance with AS 4200.2:2017.
Emittance Value: 0.03, 0.03
Emittance Classification: IR Reflective, IR Reflective
Vapour Control Classification: Low, 0.3009 ug/N.s
Water Control Classification: Non-water Barrier
Duty: Heavy in accordance with AS/NZS 4200.1:2017
Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ should be installed in accordance with AS/NZS 4200.2:2017 Pliable Building Membranes and Underlays, Part 2: Installation.
INSTALLATION BETWEEN JOISTS:
- Install Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ between joists. Trade Select™ SilverFloor 500™ is conveniently installed by rolling along the tops of the joists, keeping the material under tension with one hand and fastening with a hammer tacker. To ensure maximum durability, only galvanised staples should be used. Trade Select™ SilverFloor 500™ should be installed at least 90 mm from the underside of flooring, i.e. at the bottom of a standard joist. Joins should overlap by 50 mm and be taped with Ametalin Insulation/Ducting Tape.
INSTALLATION OVER BEARERS:
Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ 1500
- Roll Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ out over the bearers, with minimal sag between the bearers.
- Staple down with a hammer tacker to hold product in place until joists are installed.
- Overlap by 50 mm, and tape joins between rolls of Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ using Ametalin Insulation/Ducting Tape.
Note: AS/NZS 4200.2:2017 provides for an overlap of 150 mm as an alternative to taping.
- In external masonry clad houses, the foil should be turned up and stapled to the underside of ooring, preventing air movement between the sub- oor space and ventilated cavity.
INSTALLATION OVER JOISTS:
Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ 1500 can also be installed over joists with a minimum sag of 90 mm. Joins should overlap by 50 mm and be taped with Ametalin Insulation/Ducting Tape. Note: AS/NZS 4200.2:2017 provides for an overlap of 150 mm as an alternative to taping.
Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ should be installed under existing oors in accordance with relevant Aluminium Foil Insulation Association Inc. (AFIA) Safe Work Methods. New Zealand Standard NZS 4246:2006 is helpful. (There is no Australian Installation Standard for this application).
Trade Select™ SilverFloor™ is not designed to withstand prolonged direct exposure to the elements. Accordingly, the outer construction envelope of this product should be installed without delay. Aluminium foil should not come into contact with wet concrete or mortar, as the aluminium is susceptible to alkali corrosion. If installed within 500 metres of the sea, or in non-residential buildings where foil surfaces may be exposed to a corrosive atmosphere (including agricultural sheds), foil surfaces should face an enclosed, un-vented air space.